I invite dancers, performers, actors and everyone who is interested in movement and self-development to dive into improvisational artistic practice developed through years of creating choreography for myself and other people. I call this practice “body poetry”. It operates through metaphors, associations, and meanings, usually avoiding verbal definitions.
In the series of exercises we will explore following topics:
1. Approach to the states: qualities of body presence and movements
2. Improvised body characters: how to invite the guests.
3. What works here and now? Immediate personal response to the context
4. Co-presence as a starting point of interaction with a spectator
We will learn how to connect the state of mind, emotion, inner visualizations with the quality of movement and use this connection as a source to create immediate poetical response to the context. Day by day tuning interrelation between the embodied state and the movement we will create material for a performance presentation.
Surprise LabHow to make a performative intervention in a public space?
What are the socially appropriate ways of body behaviour in public spaces?
What can be changed in those patterns?
What changes can work in which public spaces?
The importance of time and location for the performative intervention.
How to find the right balance of deviation from the social order in a way that makes the intervention visible but not over exposed?
What tools can we use to frame the perception of the performative action?
How to frame the event? How to frame it with the text? How to frame the event with another event?
1. Работа с ожиданиями участников. Узнать. Угадать. Переосмыслить. Возможно ли, если да, то как подготовить неожиданное?
2. Перформанс один на один, игра со вниманием, импровизация, включенность, момент «сейчас»
3. Перформанс без перформера: театр сиуаций, диспозитив в действии.
4. Как работать с тем, что есть изначально, ничего не добаваляя и не придумывая? Как держать границы перформанса размытыми в такой степени, чтоб сложно было сказать, происходит он или нет и зачем это надо…
Improvisation in movement
The body as a tool of self - expression
The movement as a language of self-expression
Dance as a message
Embodiment as a point of connection of the mind and the body
Performance as a personal statement at the certain moment of time
Sensitivity, concentration and response as essentials tools of improvisational performance A point where the everyday life feels like art and backward.
"Homo Ludens", Moscow, 2014
Topics of the game and the toy in relation to the human body and the movement and the collective.